Sedibeng Water with its headquarters situated in Balkfontein just outside Bothaville has an operational area spanning across three (3) provinces namely: Free State, North West and Northern Cape making it one of the largest water in the country.
In order to meet the demands of its growth strategy, the organization is looking for suitably qualified individual to fill the following vacancy:
POSITION: MICROBIOLOGIST - BOTHAVILLE
- B.Tech in Microbiology/Biotechnology;
- 3 years practical experience in a SANAS ISO 17025 accredited laboratory at a supervisory level;
- Knowledge of ISO 17025;
- Computer Literacy; and
- Valid driver’s License.
The incumbent must:
- be able to work within tight time constraints;
- be able to work independently;
- have passion for compliance and quality; and
- be able to analyse and solve problems.
- Supervise all activities including analytical work in the microbiological laboratory;
- Compile, evaluate and validate methods;
- Manage internal Quality system according to ISO 17025;
- Attend meeting and workshops;
- Keep abreast with the latest trends in the field of microbiology;
- Maintain Laboratory equipments;
- Conduct routine bacteriological analyses on water samples;
- Train staff in the area of responsibility; and
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards.
The organization reserves the right not to make an appointment. All appointment will be made according to the organization’s Employment Equity Plan.
Written applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to be forwarded to:
Human Resources Practitioner
Private Bag X 5
Enquiries : Mpelegeng Talane
Telephone : (056) 515 0200
Fax number : (056) 515 0369
Closing Date : 10 April 2015 (Applications received after the closing
date will not be considered)
Please note that applicants who have not heard from us within four (4) weeks after the closing date should accept that their applications were unsuccessful.